Thursday, January 4, 2007

Not Much.

I'm REALLY tired tonight. No wonder. I've been staying up until the wee hours every night this week, trying to figure out this blogging thing (still can't get a site meter to stick to my web-page, no matter how I try!).

All I want to say tonight is in this little poem I wrote a couple of years ago..

Oh that I had the wings of a dove!
I would flutter around this moment,
Hover here and try to make it last...

But it will slip away, this golden splotch of time, this precious gift of "now".

Hold tight to this small slice of time.
Hold tight,
because these golden moments have their silver wings
and all too swiftly flee...

SCS

2 comments:

Belinda said...

I remember that beautiful poem from the time you wrote it. Thank you for posting it for the world to see. It's so lovely.

Lily said...

Dear, dear Belinda,
Thank you for your kind words! You are the most encouraging of encouragers... But I have to ask:

Since when did you, my sister and the other 2 people who read my blog become "the world"?

Come to think of it, you guys ARE "the world"! To me. (Now if I could just get my husband to read it! Now THAT would entail an entire galaxy in my universe!)